CARLISLE SIGNS TWO MORE PLAYERS AHEAD OF NEW SEASON

Carlisle has confirmed the signing of two players that will prosecute the football games in the forthcoming season.

The club signed midfielder Mike Jones on a two year deal though it is still subject to paperwork. The club also signed a Striker Shaun Miller on a two year deal.

Jones, who is 28 years old, was released his former club Oldham after the last season. Carlisle decided to sign the player on a free transfer adding that the player would provide valuable experience to the club. The head of recruitment at the club Lee Dykes told the club’s official website: “Mike is someone we were interested in back in January.

He’s a very good, experienced player and he’s someone I’ve worked with previously. We know what we’re getting, he knows the game and he knows how to win matches.”

Jones is the sixth player the club would be adding to its squad this summer as they do an overhaul. He passed through the hometown club Tranmere’s youth system and eventually made a few appearances in the 2008 season for Bury. He also played for Sheffield Wednesday and Crawley before joining Oldham in June 2014.

On the other hand, Miller didn’t join on a free transfer deal. He actually rejected remaining at Sky Bet League Two rivals Morecambe. The player, who is also 28 years old. scored 15 goals in 37 matches in the last campaign. Dykes told the website: “Shaun is a very clever player who can lead the attack for the team, either with support or on his own. He has excellent movement off the ball and he knows where to be when he gets into attacking areas. We think Shaun will settle well and he joins a squad of very good players.”